Sunday, October 11, 2009

In Tuscany...

"Tuscany is a world, Italy is a universe" wrote Frances Mayes in her book "In Tuscany". I love this book. When I read it I have feeling that someone just wrote about my own feelings, emotions, thoughts.
This summer we had another wonderful trip to explore more and more our favorite region of Italy. We visited many, many places, I made more than 1000 photos. I am watching them again and again to return there at least in my thoughts.
It is been long time I wanted to post some photos here, but since that trip many things happened I didn't really have time to do it... But so, here they are... at least some...

A few days we spent on the beach in Viareggio... half of a day we were enjoying sea and sun, second half - we were traveling around.


This horse we saw in Pisa... isn't it cute?!


Palazzo Pfanner... in this garden were filmed some scenes of the movie "Portrait of a Lady" with Nicole Kidman.


Arezzo... well, in this town was filmed the most famous Roberto Benigni movie "La Vita e Bella" ("Life is beautiful").


Cortona... just after a storm...


Sant' Anna in Camprena. In this monastery we stayed for 6 nights. I love this place... it is second time we are coming here and it is like coming home... Actually also here was filmed one very famous movie - "English Patient"!


In a restaurant...


I love these landscapes...


I am crazy about shoes... I am crocheting them all the time... :-) I buy them too often than it is necessary... I need more space to keep them... and I love these ones... :-)


Pienza ... Via dell'Amore... the street of love...


Another wonderful villa... also here was filmed famous movie - some scenes
of "Gladiator"


Bagno Vignoni.... here you can have thermal baths...


And my favorite photo of this trip... me with my son... :-)

1 comment:

Lydia Graham said...

Hello! I found your blog through your etsy store and I just love your patterns! All the baby items are SO cute! Thanks for sharing your photos of Itay! I loved visiting there and dream of going back someday. It brought back a lot of memories! :)